Ear-shattering lullabies
And muted cries,
Smoke-veiled skies
And unsaid goodbyes -
Were yours and mine
Since we opened our eyes...

In ruins we played,
Where once people prayed
And love was portrayed,
When peace had stayed -
These are yours and mine,
The memories so frayed...

Food bags with bombs,
The roads our own tombs,
Dear lives in wombs,
Seeking refuge in roofless rooms -
This page is yours and mine,
Which drowns, drains and dooms...

I remember how you'd cried
When the bad boy had pried
Away your doll's limb; I tried -
I gave you my doll's; your tears dried-
This loss is yours and mine,
Your legs, my arms; hopes've died...

Peace smiled from afar,
Like a delusional star,
Everything that was, is now char,
Blood looks like dried tar -
That stain is yours and mine,
Our forgotten life, their celebrated war...
- Sana Rose

Leave a Reply